Friday, April 10, 2009

Dammit Jim! I'm a writer! Not a reviewer!

Mentioning I planned to read a fellow author's book had an unsuspected consequence. Liking the Steve Earle song, "Copperhead Road," I wanted to read the book by the same title by TD McKinney and Terry Wylis. When one of the authors commented they'd like to know what I thought about the book, okay, I PANICKED.

What if I didn't like it? What if it tanked? What if I couldn't find one good thing to say about it?

DAMMIT JIM!!! I'M A WRITER NOT A REVIEWER!!!!

Sorry. Star Trek moment...

Writer's Angst 102.

Well. I liked the story. It most definitely did NOT tank. I can think of more than one good thing to say about it. Seriously. It's not like anyone is twisting my arm here, you know. It's not like anyone can FORCE me to stay up until midnight to finish a book.

But, I'm not a reviewer. I can't take a point and pick it raw, and I wouldn't anyway. If I didn't like it, I'd just move on without comment. Always better to do that than to say you didn't like a story. That's more than professional courtesy, it's common courtesy. And being from the South, not being courteous about someone elses work would be viewed as simply common.

I read a story to ENJOY it and I enjoyed this story. Getting a second chance to be with the person you love is a favorite theme of mine. To try and "speak" in reviewer, the plot was well thought out, the relationship between the two leads was tender and caring (and sexy as hell)with just the right about of getting together jitters, the writing was well paced, and the story backdrop was vivid and descriptive.

Being a simple kinda girl, let me say simply - GOOD BOOK!!!GOOD JOB!!!

Whew. That wasn't so bad, after all.

KC Kendricks
http://www.kckendricks.com
http://www.twitter.com/kckendricks
http://www.myspace.com/kckendricks

2 comments:

Ebs said...

I couldn't ask for a better review!

Thanks!!!

T.D.McKinney

Terry Wylis said...

LOL, I'm glad you enjoyed it.