Saturday, December 19, 2009

Looking forward to a white Christmas

December 19, 2009

It’s snowing, and it's not the light, gentle flakes we typically see in December. Nooooo. It’s snowing. That's not a face in the picture, it's the milkcan on the west end of the deck. Since 10:15 last night, we’ve gotten ten inches.

Don’t go there, not with me. I write erotic romance. I’m way ahead of you. But I digress.

It’s snowing, and the possibility of a white Christmas has increased exponentially. I won’t debate whether or not it has to actually snow on Christmas to be a white Christmas. If there’s leftover snow on the ground, that’s good enough for me. I can’t remember the last time we had snow like this in December. Most of our snow starts in January, and our big storms are late February or early March.

There’s something about the falling snow that makes it almost impossible for me to concentrate. I have a galley to look at, and an edit to work on, but I’d rather sit at the table and gaze out across the yard and watch it snow. Or better yet, go out and play in it.

I convinced my dog he needed to go outside, and off we went. He’s a lot of fun in the snow. I like to make snowballs and throw them. Yes, I laugh at him when he can’t find the snowballs, but he doesn’t seem to mind as long as I make another one. After a quarter-hour, I started to get chilled, so we came back inside to find my housemate dumping the ingredients for chili into the crock pot. Works for me on a snowy day.

I need to get on with my Saturday. There’s the writing chores, laundry, and a few last-minute Christmas gifts to wrap. I still have a few promo things I want to do with Tango in the Night, and now, At the Southern Cross has been loaded at Amazon.com , and I need to check if that link is active yet.

Maybe I’ll get another cup of coffee first, watch the snow fall for a bit longer, and dream of a white Christmas.

KC Kendricks
http://www.kckendricks.com

No comments: