Saturday, April 16, 2011

Netting Neptune by KC Kendricks



April 16, 2011
A to Z Blogging Challenge
Day 14 - N




When I planned out the A to Z month, I had a good idea of how to pace myself. I wanted to strike a balance between personal stuff, fun stuff, and promo stuff. We've hit the middle stretch, which happens to be the promo stretch. So here's a bit about Netting Neptune, the first of story in the At the Southern Cross series.

Netting Neptune
Contemporary gay romance
available at Amazon and other online book sellers

Theron Bowman is in the throes of a mid-life crisis. At forty, he needs to make some serious decisions about his future. He splurges on a two-week vacation in the Caribbean, and like everything else in his life, things go horribly awry and he ends up working to pay for his room.

Forced by his father to break ties with his family, Colby Denton came to rest on St. Lucia, and opened an exclusive resort. To celebrate his tenth year on the island, and his birthday, Colby arranges for a series of festive beachside parties. When a sexy sea god swims out of the ocean in front of him, Colby has a brand new plan – netting Neptune.

EXCERPT

I nibbled Theron’s earlobe, aware a few of my staff surreptitiously watched our dance. I never hid the fact I was gay from them, but they’d never seen me openly courting anyone before. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the simple pleasure of swaying to the music with him.

As the music ended, soft applause rippled through the shadows. I pulled back and looked at him. “Ready to turn in for the night?”

The corner of his mouth twitched. “Yes. I’m ready, but there’s something… Look, Colby, let’s not get all caught up in tonight, okay? I’m going home as soon as I can.”

I understood him all too well, but from the moment he’d risen from the sea, I’d been under his spell. It would be hard to let him go in the morning, but it was clear he’d already made that choice. I wondered, for a brief moment, about the man who’d betrayed him. Was there still involvement there? The heart was a strange ruler, forgiving what on the surface seemed unforgivable. It wasn’t something I could ask and expect to share his passion tonight. His past was his own, and I wouldn’t be the one to reopen old wounds.

“I hope you won’t be upset when you get to my suite. I ordered a few things in case you said yes.”

“It’s okay. I suspected you would. Any man who lives on a tropical island has to be a bit of a romantic.”

I kept my arm around his waist and propelled him off the dance floor. “It’s not a bad thing, you know. Surf, sand, starlight.”

“I didn’t say it was.” Theron pulled me off the path and into a dark shadow.
His fingers teased the wisps of hair on my collar as his arms snaked around my neck. I forgot how to breathe as his dark eyes watched me. The blood pooled in my groin; my cock lengthened. I ran my hands up his sides, feeling every ridge of his ribcage. He held his back stiffly, like he hadn’t felt a connection to anyone in a while. My knees shook when he wet his lips.

I’d tried not to obsess over why he’d not kissed me earlier, but it had bothered me off and on all day. We’d come to the moment where he would, and I reached down for every ounce of self-control I had to remain still and let him kiss me, his way. Did he have any clue what he did to me?

I had to know if his dick was as hard as mine. Theron’s eyes lit with anticipation as I cupped his ass cheeks and ground my pelvis to his. He was hard, the ridge of his cock pushing the length of his zipper.

I managed to croak a few words. “I had to know.”

He ran his thumb over my lower lip. If he didn’t kiss me soon, I’d faint from lack of oxygen.

“And now that you do, what happens?”

“You tell me, Theron. I don’t want to push you.”

“You’re not.” He cupped the back of my head and brushed his lips to mine, a whisper-soft touch that snapped through me, shattering my good intentions along with my control.

I backed him to the side of the restaurant where the shadows were deepest and kissed him, hard. His tongue licked into mine, eager and willing. Wanting. I tasted the faint trace of lemon from his drink as I nibbled the corner of his mouth. Theron scraped his teeth over my lower lip and heat coiled in my belly, like some spring awaiting release.

His strong arms held me as I massaged his ass. My balls drew up as he groaned and thrust his tongue into my mouth. Deep inside, a phantom memory ached for a new touch, his touch, and from that phantom came images of him pressing me down beneath him on clean, crisp sheets.


NETTING NEPTUNE
Book One of the Southern Cross series
www.amazon.com/Netting-Neptune-Southern-Cross-Book-ebook/dp/B01FEST0I0

Also available:

TAMING TRITON
Book Two of the Southern Cross series
Available at Amazon and other online booksellers.

POSEIDON'S PLEASURE
Book Three of the Southern Cross series
Available at Amazon and other online booksellers.

KC Kendricks
Visit my website at: http://www.kckendricks.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kckendricks
Join my mailing list at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/betweenthekeys
Read my personal blog: http://www.kckendricks.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, your blog is so wonderful and different from all the other blogs I've visited in this A-Z challenge. I'm following you! Come on over and say "hi".
Blue Velvet Vincent

KC Kendricks said...

Thanks for stopping by Between the Keys. The A to Z Challenge has been great fun. I'm already thinking ahead to next year, because a little planning makes for smooth sailing.