Thursday, January 31, 2013

Time flies, or at least goes very fast

January 31, 2013

The first month of the new year is all but past. With just a few hours to go until February, I'm trying to figure out where the heck January went. I looked at my calendar, which is much like a diary, and found only a few things worthy of recording. What did I do with the rest of the time?

I do have a day job, so there are those fifty hours a week (including travel time, etc.). And there was the New Year's holiday to recover from. Desert Snow released on January 6th and along with that came the obligatory promotion rounds.

Oh, yeah. Promotion. I bought an INSANE ad package dirt cheap at The Romance Studio for 2013. I did spend some time to gather information for that. Crap. I gotta go look at the TRS schedule and fill in a few blanks.

January saw me at two online chats. One at TalkingTwoLips and the other at LoveRomancesCafe. They were quiet affairs, but both were an opportunity to drop a few excerpts for the lurkers.

I bought a new love seat. The new piece of furniture inspired a small fit of decorating. I actually dusted off the sewing machine to make a few new slipcovers for some throw pillows. (What's with the buying stuff, anyway? It's not like I have money! If I had money I wouldn't leave the house to go to work every day, would I?) 

We celebrated a couple of birthdays and anniversaries in January. That was nice family fun.

The edit of the upcoming Catching Fireflies was completed just this past week. (Look for it to be on sale the last weekend in February.)  I signed up for the 2013 A-Z Blogging Challenge. This will be my third year in a row for that. Since I knew I was signing up, I did prepare the first several blog entries and load and schedule them. It's good to be a little bit ahead of the game.

Pinterest finally caught my interest. I went and joined. It gives me something to play with during the day when I'm doing the "hurry up and wait" on the higher-ups at work. I'm sure you know what I mean. Like everywhere else you can find me on the Internet it's the .com/KCKendricks.

I do a bi-monthly, as in every other month on the last Sunday, column at Brenda Williamson's "An Eclectic Author" blog. I got that in on time.

And the biggie - I've almost completed the manuscript that concludes the story of Ian Coulter and Rick Mohr which began in Double Deuce.

Huh. Maybe I didn't waste the entire month, after all.

KC Kendricks
http://www.kckendricks.com

2 comments:

Jeremy Bates said...

I stayed so busy in January, I couldn't begin to list all of the things I did. It seems as if Feb will be the same but I will move at the end of the month and say goodbye to Manila after a couple of years. Busy is good for us. Good luck and much success with your manuscript.

KC Kendricks said...

Good luck with the move. I always say to know where you're going you have to know where you've been - if only so you don't go there again!

Thanks for stopping by Between the Keys :)