Sunday, March 31, 2013

Welcome to the 2013 A to Z Blogging Challenge!

Sunday, March 31, 2013


Welcome to the 2013 A to Z Blogging Challenge! This is the third year I’ve participated in the challenge, and I hope to once again make it through on time. It’s not easy - it takes a lot of organization - but it’s worth all the effort to reconnect with bloggers from last year’s challenge and to meet new people and make new friends.

In 2011, I flew into the challenge by the seat of my pants. The blogosphere (do they still use that word?) is full of information and it’s impossible to hear about every fun thing that comes down the road. I skated into the challenge at the very last minute, but I’m sure it happened the way it was supposed to happen. I was so stoked to have finished all thirty posts on time, I was ready to dig into the 2012 prep work - and I did.

One of my goals has been to write about my experiences in the industry. I don’t think my path has been either mundane or unique. It simply has been my path. So in 2012 I focused on sharing my experiences and geared the blogs toward those just starting out. If I helped just one new writer, or even someone who’s been at it awhile, I did what I set out to do.

So on to 2013…….

I wasn’t sure how 2013 would shake out as I prepared the calendar, but I’ve settled on what I believe is a good mix of material. This year, It’s All About the Books. I resisted a major promo blowout in past years -tooting my own horn, as they say - but this year I’m going for it. Some days are pure promo and others are more about the story behind the story. There’s even going to be an interview with a character, which I think is a first for me.

So come ‘walk’ with me on my winding path to Z in the 2013 A to Z Blogging Challenge. I think you’ll enjoy it.

And of course, this introduction to the Challenge wouldn't be complete without a "thank you" to its creator, Arlee Bird. You can check out his blog Tossing It Out at http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/ .

KC Kendricks

2 comments:

Laura said...

cool - can't wait to read your A-Z offerings :)
By the way, do you know you still have word verification on?
See you there
Laura x


Blogging AtoZ @ChickLitLove

KC Kendricks said...

Thanks for stopping by Between the Keys! Oops! No I didn't realize I still had that on so thanks for the heads up.