Sunday, April 13, 2014

Moon Dances - new in the Sundown saga

April 13, 2014


Moon Dances - Book IV in the Sundown saga now available. 
Visit www.kckendricks.com/MoonDances.html for more information. 


When a pragmatic cop and an alien shapeshifter go on a vacation, rest and relaxation take on a new meaning. 


For Lieutenant Fallon Roxbury, Special Police Consultant, reality has taken on a strange shift. Shapeshifters exist and a clan of them live under his protection. One is his lover, Sundown. Protecting the Chal is a full-time job, a task which would be easier if they weren’t so secretive - and scheming. When Fallon’s police force partner suggests a vacation, Fallon jumps at the chance to take Sundown someplace private. A resort near where he grew up seems like the prefect place for a get-away. Ten days filled with sex, sleep and sun is just what they both need, but more than fun lurks in the woods.

The ancient nemesis of the Chal is still out there and could one day return to earth to enslave both Chal and human alike. Secrets of the Chal past come to light when Fallon’s suppressed memories of his early years resurface. The shapeshifters have always had a plan defeat their enemy, one with Sundown at its core. 
*_*_*_*_*



Vacation. I wanted a quiet vacation. A private vacation. We were supposed to discuss how we wanted to spend our week off today, and one thing was non-negotiable – I wanted to be alone with Sundown. I’d already informed him “vacation” was a code word for copious amounts of both sex and sleep, and for that we needed privacy. Taking our time and lingering over breakfast was no longer an option. I had to do something - and fast!
It was time to run like hell before my much-needed vacation vanished like smoke. I threw the covers off and swung my feet out of the bed.
“Sundown, my love, it’s been grand, but I’m getting the fuck outta here.”
With the speed of a talented shapeshifter, Sundown suddenly stood before me, his expression halfway between panic and, well, panic.
“You’re not going anywhere without me, Special Consultant Lieutenant Fallon Roxbury. You will not leave me here alone! Not yet! Not until after the maturation!”
I stared up at him, an idea forming. His black brows drew together in a vee above his emerald green orbs before they shot upward. His strong fingers closed around my arms. Relief poured off him.
“You have a plan!”
I rolled my eyes at him. “Of course I have a plan. I’m a cop. I’m trained to examine all the evidence and choose the best option.”
“Which is…?”
I stood and rested my hands on his shoulders. “Run like the cowards we are. We’re going to get the fuck out of town for a few days starting now, while the caretakers deal with the nestling.”
Czun Dun Nhunfi, the pride of his Clan, went completely still and blinked twice. I knew that look too well. He was telepathic, and he’d just communicated with the Elders. His gaze refocused on mine.
“I will pack my things and stay at your apartment until we can leave.”
I burst out laughing. It was pitiful. One grown man and one grown shapeshifter fleeing a little glowball no bigger than a housecat. But as usual, Sundown had his own sense of logic, which he presented to me. 
“You won’t laugh if Ozli decides to look like you. Nor will you like it if the nestling sneaks into our bed while I have you on your back making you howl with pleasure. It could mimic your pose and the sound you make, you know.”
I sobered - fast. “Get your pants on. I’ll help you pack.”
“I thought you’d see it my way, Lieutenant.”

_*_*_*_*_




Moon Dances is the fourth book in the Sundown saga. For more about the complete series, please visit the author's website at http://www.kckendricks.com

The Sundown saga is THE BACK STAIRS, BENEATH DARK STARS, RIVER WALK and MOON DANCES.

KC Kendricks
website
twitter
facebook
pinterest


No comments: