Wednesday, April 23, 2014

T is for Tea Time - 2014 A to Z Blogging Challenge

April 23, 2014

2014 A to Z Blogging Challenge
A Rural Life
Day 20

T is for Tea Time

We’ve reached the last full week of this year’s blogging challenge – and only a week to go! As much as I enjoy this yearly test of personal resolve, I’m at the point where I’m eager to get to Z and take a little blogging break (as if such a thing were possible!).

Thanks for visiting my corner of the 2014 A to Z Blogging Challenge.


If there’s anything I envy about the Brits, it’s concept of afternoon tea. I love the idea of slowing down for a few minutes in the afternoon and taking a break. It would be a pure indulgence to have a place in the town where I work where I could go after work and before I go home to unwind with a friend and have a cup, or glass, of tea.

It feels a little un-American to say that. After work I should exercise. I should do volunteer work. I should have a second job. I should participate in a sport. I should write a letter to Congress and lobby for my special interest group. We Americans don’t have time to waste on something as inconsequential as TEA.

The hell I don’t.

Between my responsibilities on the job and those at home I SHOULD take a few moments to relax every day. Maybe it should involve tea and scones or maybe, in the summer, the occasional Dairy Queen Blizzard. Maybe I could even go for iced tea and an apple. It doesn’t matter what the snack is, what matters is that I take the time to relax and collect my thoughts.

Does the notion feel like a guilty indulgence? On the surface it sure does. But I think it’s a small thing that could benefit my life in big ways. So here’s to Tea Time done my way. A few minutes of relaxation and quiet that is a gift - from me to me. I feel better already.

KC Kendricks


You didn’t really think you’d get away without one more brief book promo, did you?

T is also for TAMING TRITON, the second book in the Southern Cross series. For more information please visit my website at

Taming Triton is available at Amber Allure at


Julia Matthews said...

Love a good cup of relaxing tea. So much inspiration can hit while sipping a cup of warm tea.

KC Kendricks said...

I know! It's getting to that relaxed moment so I can think that gives me trouble.

Kristin said...

There used to be a very nice tea place in Indianapolis called "Teas Me". It was like a little coffee house but sold a variety of tea instead.

I find a cup of warm tea with milk relaxing. But it's the relaxing that counts, I agree.

KC Kendricks said...

That sounds like a neat place to stop and unwind. Thanks for stopping by the blog!