Thursday, April 28, 2016

X is for X=Time


Day 24
April 28, 2016

Welcome to the final days of the 2016 A to Z Blogging Challenge! This is the SIXTH year I’ve participated in the challenge - and yes, I will complete it on time. Which is a good thing since I’ve been writing about time. Thanks for stopping by Between the Keys as part of the 2016 A to Z Blogging Challenge. 

*_*_*_*_*

X=time.   

I’m not a math whiz, and I never aspired to be one. It’s a good thing, too, because when you start to look at the mathematics of time, it gets scary.

One day is 24 hours, or 1440 minutes, or 86,400 seconds. I thought there would be more. Only 1440 minutes in a day? That doesn’t sound like much at all.

I knew my grandfather for 17,520 days and it wasn’t nearly enough time. I only knew my father for 9,640 days. No wonder I still miss him. My step-dad has been in my life for 8,395 days. It’s sobering when you look at it in those terms.

Measuring time sucks, but if I don’t measure it, time will get the best of me. And time doesn’t play fair. It will never be a level playing field. All I can do is be diligent and make time work for me whenever I can.

X=time. I’ve got approximately 960 waking minutes a day to make my own. I don't want to waste any of them. 

 KC Kendricks

*_*_*_*

X is for …. Another promo free day! 

No comments: