Saturday, July 9, 2016

Catching Fireflies and building sand castles


July 9, 2016
**Updated 4/2/21 - the My Sexy Saturday blog hop has closed.**

The theme for this My Sexy Saturday is castles. I don't have any castles of stone, but I have a couple who might just be in the market for sandcastles. It'll have to do! 

My Sexy Saturday is a weekly blog hop that brings the reader brief excerpts from a wide variety of romance writers. Be sure to visit the My Sexy Saturday page for the list of this week's participants. 

Here are seven sexy paragraphs from Catching Fireflies. Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~


Our laughter died quickly as he shifted his position enough to wrap his arms around my neck. He rested his head on my shoulder.

“Chad, being the nice guy he is, was willing to put up with Sidney to get me here. He warned me about Sid, how much he’d changed over the years, but I didn’t listen and got involved with him again. Big mistake. So I came to the island to get some breathing room. I don’t think I’m going back to Boston.” He pulled back and cocked his head to the side to search my face.

“But we’re both guests here, and I’m not sure it’s not the best thing for either of us to get too friendly.”

Even as he said the words, I heard the hope in his voice I’d disagree. Maybe we were just what the other needed right now. We could give each other a chance to take a few steps back to those parts of ourselves we needed to recapture. It would be a way to begin to trust again.

I cupped his chin and kissed him. Aubrey moaned softly into my mouth, then his silky tongue licked over mine. Arousal shrieked along my nerve endings and my waning erection reasserted itself in a wonderful, throbbing rush. My pure intentions fled and I toppled us over, pinning him beneath me. His legs rose and his thighs gripped my hips. Every cell in my body needed to get inside him, to feel his flesh open to mine.

Two seconds later, I was on my back staring up at him. The breeze blew his hair across his face as he raised an eyebrow at me.

“Now, hon, you shouldn’t get ahead of yourself like that.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

ABOUT CATCHING FIREFLIES:

Dale Langley longs for some triple R time - rest, relaxation and rejuvenation. He accepts his cousin’s invitation to winter over on Ocracoke Island, far away from the hustle and bustle of life on the mainland. He’s always loved being a rolling stone, traveling for his job without the worry of a place to call home, but it’s time for something different. Now Dale anticipates several blissful months to learn how to be still with no demands on his time while he prepares for the next phase of his life.

Aubrey Zimmerman came to Ocracoke to attend a friend’s commitment ceremony. Never one to settle down, Aubrey’s had enough of involvements that took him from man to man without a place to call home. He needs a break - and a little solitude. House sitting while his friend is on his honeymoon is the perfect way to clear his head and catch up on his sleep. At least it seemed that way until Dale arrived and Aubrey realized sleep is the last thing he needs.

Fate has changes in store for Dale and Aubrey, the sort neither one knew they wanted. Sometimes the more you wander the closer to home you get.

Contemporary gay romance
Book five in the Southern Cross series

Catching Fireflies is available at
AmazoniTunes/AppleBarnes and NobleKobo,
and other online booksellers. 

KC Kendricks
blog: http://www.kckendricks.blogspot.com (you are here!)

No comments: