Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Desert Snow for the MidWeek Tease Blog Hop

October 18, 2017

**updated 4/2/21 - the MidWeek Blog Hop is no longer operational**

Welcome to the MidWeek Blog Hop! I'd like to thank everyone for stopping by. Today is a big anniversary for me - my partner is eleven years cancer-free! He had the last surgery eleven years ago today at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. 


Today I have a little snip from Desert Snow.  Desert Snow is set at a White Party where two reluctant attendees meet and discover they get along rather well. 

Enjoy! (And don't forget to check out all the MidWeek Tease blogs!)

- - - - - - - - - -

Yes, it would be wonderful to spend a few hours rolling around on his sheets. He appealed to me. Haydn projected the aura of maturity a man had when he was content in his own skin. That I recognized it surprised me, considering our short acquaintance, but I didn’t imagine it. He had it. The argument for or against taking him up on his offer was with myself.

I looked at him over the rim of my glass as I took sip. The cool liquid slid down my dry throat and delivered a nice kick as it hit bottom. His gaze flicked to my lips as I licked the tart drops.

“I wouldn’t want to come across as easy.”

His left eyebrow lifted. “Not a word I’d use to describe my take on you. I think I’ll get a few more drinks into you and see if you’re more agreeable to some fun.”

I grinned at him. “You give a guy my age too many drinks and the only fun you’ll get will be listening to him snore.”
- - - - - - - - - - -

DESERT SNOW
Contemporary gay romance 

Laird Bennett accepts a friend’s invitation for a vacation with his eyes wide open. His buddy is pimping for him - in a sneaky sort of way. Why else set up his business meeting in Palm Springs the week of the annual White Party and ask Laird to go along? Laird goes with every intention of enjoying the eye candy, the weather, and behaving himself. Those plans change his first night out while waiting to cross the street and a younger man in white leather greets him. 

Haydn Rinehart is at a crossroads. His pilgrimage to the White Party is to keep a promise before moving into the next phase of his life. Haydn strikes up a conversation with an attractive party-goer while waiting for a traffic light to change and invites him for a drink. When he discovers Laird is one of his favorite authors, Haydn volunteers to assist in some hands-on research in his hotel room. 

After all, they are at the White Party and some fun is in order. 

DESERT SNOW is available at Amazon     iTunes     Barnes and Noble     Kobo


 KC Kendricks

Life through the eyes of Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com


5 comments:

Elodie Parkes said...

Interesting teaser. :-)

Adriana said...

So happy for you and your husband! Great tease, love the banter and his confidence.

Angelica Dawson said...

Congrats on the bill of health. Great tease. Definitely want to stop just short of snoring LOL

Christiane France - Author said...

An awesome snippet from a great story. And congrats on the good news.

Lucy Felthouse said...

Great snippet, and congrats on the cancer-free anniversary!