Friday, June 10, 2011

Website updates - again! Life upates - again!

**April 1, 2021 update - Between the Keys is now my home on the web. This post has been updated to reflect that.**

August 10, 2011


I've been working on the website again. It seems I never actually attain the perfection I seek. But that's okay. The website evolves as I evolve, and I think that's a good thing.

There were several things that weren't working for me, like the nav bar. It's gone in favor of something more streamlined. To have a cascade menu, or not? That has been the question. So far the answer is not. I tried it, and it didn't work, so it's back to the drawing board.

The Bookshelf page pleases me. I tried several incarnations before I stopped and said, "it'll do."

As each book as its own page, Your Whisper in the Dark is finally loaded, complete with the excerpt...yea! I can't believe it will be out on June 19th. I haven't even gotten the galley yet. Scary stuff, these last minutes rush jobs. I always worry what I've missed, but I've got a great editor and I find my worry is generally unfounded. Doesn't stop me from doing it, though.

The weather has been triple-H this week. Yes, I'm in the mid-Atlantic states and that is the summer norm. Hazy, hot and humid. I'm a walker. I like to get out four or five times a week, frequently during my lunch break, and walk. This past week was heatstroke weather. I got out one day for ten minutes, then I wilted and quit.

Highway Nights, the current WIP is under control. I *see* the ending, now all I have to do is get it committed to the page.

This weekend is the Mountain Heritage Arts and Crafts Festival over in Halltown, WV, just a bit south of Harper's Ferry. I won't know if I'm going until I see just how hot it gets tomorrow afternoon
.

And so it goes in my world, June 10, 2011. Not a great deal of excitement, nothing much out of the ordinary. But there is one singular fact to all my rambling tonight - life is good!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the website and the soon-to-be new release. Another best-selling KC Kendricks classic for sure.

It's been the three H's here in Chicago, too. Fortunately a cold front passed through and we've got some mid-60's Yay!! we've had some really bad downpours, but in light of the flooding going on everywhere, I am not complaining.

Have an awesome weekend, my friend and one of my most fave authors. :)