Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sometimes you can over-think a task

July 15, 2014

The spouse and I are sharing shared cooking duties tonight. Right now I'm hiding in my office so I don't beat him with a skillet say something I'll regret. He's attempting a recipe he saw Trisha Yearwood make on her cooking show. Potatoes, ground beef, cheddar cheese, onions, breadcrumbs. Think a variation on shepherd's pic with cheese instead of corn or peas. I've never known him to have such difficulty with a recipe and all because it said "make a rue" and to use a whisk to do it. Apparently whisks are bad things in his world. Like I said - I had to leave the kitchen.

I try to be methodical with my To-Do list. What's on the top of the list should get done first if at all possible. It helps keep me focused because I've been known to over-multi-task. About a week ago the task of updating all the publisher links here at Between the Keys rolled to the top and I did balk. If there's one thing I do not like is fixing any problem someone else initiated. But it had to be done. 

Setting about updating the links back to the Amber Allure site has not proven to be an onerous chore. It's been rather simple, actually. I've completed 29 of the 33 books I need to do and I hope to finish those by Friday. It's also been the perfect opportunity to update with the spell-checker, too. And to delete a few things that have changed over the years. It will be good to have order restored to my blog. 

I suppose I should go restore order to the kitchen as well. I can't hold it against the spouse for over-thinking his projects when I do the same thing. Fair is fair, after all. 

KC
website
twitter

No comments: