Sunday, December 21, 2014

It's What You'd Expect

December 21, 2014

It's what you'd expect for the days leading up to Christmas. The hustle and bustle of the holidays, the last-minute rush for the last-minute gift replacement when something arrives via a shipper damaged. It's the Christmas card that somehow slid between the passenger seat and the console in the Charger. You know all those things are likely to happen. Then you get surprised in a good way.

Yesterday was the annual Christmas gathering at the sister-in-law's house. Word must have gotten around, most likely from the lips of my beloved, that I want a new mixer. Christmas seemed like the time to tell the man of the house that if he wants to continue to eat cookies, mama needs new equipment. Besides, he owes me. Long story short, there was some collusion happening. I received gift cards totaling $170 all for the same store, and that would be the store that sells the mixer I want. 

I think I have new respect for the sneakiness of the spousal unit. We're going to town this afternoon. 

On other fronts, I have to show up at the day job Monday and Tuesday and then I'm off until the following Monday. I'm happy to report the work is done. I just have to commune with the copier for a short while, then I'm free for my own devices. I think I'll dial up the plan for the 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge and get serious about setting the daily topics. 

There's also a manuscript which needs to be turned in. I promised it by the end of the year so I need to fill out those dratted forms and get it all in. I've got another manuscript hanging in limbo and it can just hang. If I paid any attention to gossip at all it wouldn't be hanging, but that's for another blog. Gossip ain't my thing and my aversion to it bit me in the ass but I'm not about to become a gossip monger. 

Then there's the writing plan for 2015. I need to get that in order. I have deadlines for March 1, June 1 and September 1. What the fuck was I thinking? The deadline is not my friend. I get far too lazy with a deadline. When I know I have time, it slows me down. Not. A. Good. Thing.  Anyway, I need to work out a flexible plan for the coming year. 

So there it is. Like most of my "personal" blog entries, putting my thoughts into words has crystallized what I need to do. It's like talking out loud to myself with my fingers.  It's all part of my planning and organizing process and I'm happy to let you share in it here at Between the Keys.  

Have a healthy, safe and happy Christmas! 

KC
http://www.kckendricks.com


No comments: