Monday, August 20, 2018

A fresh coat of paint

August 20, 2018

Every summer I dip into my "home & garden" fund for a project. Big, small, or a little bit of both, it's good to keep up with things around the house. This summer a lot of projects got waylaid when the spousal unit had a health issue to work through. He was off his feet for about six weeks but he seems to be healed now. 

Two weeks ago, his brother came up from Florida for a visit and RC put Brother Bob to work. Bob installed a new bathroom counter and faucet for us. He did a great job and I'm sorry it took me until this weekend to take advantage of his help. This weekend I gave the walls and ceiling a fresh coat of paint and installed the new backsplash. I even changed the light fixture with my own two little hands! (Too bad I didn't get better photos. I seem to have tilted my phone.)

Now the old vanity needs a fresh coat of paint and the trim mouldings are getting a new color. It may be another two weeks until I get a free day to do that, but it's fine. With age comes patience for some things. Wielding a paintbrush is one of them. 

KC Kendricks
www.kckendricks.com
www.twitter.com/kckendricks

**Check out the newest release, Please Use the Door, on my website.**



No comments: