Tuesday, April 11, 2023

All things end: Saturday Evening Romance

April 11, 2023

In September 2008, I opened a promo blog called Saturday Evening Romance. I envisioned it as a place where authors could post excerpts to promote their books. It worked, after a fashion, but it turned me into a Marshall. I posted a simple rule - don't spam the blog with more than one post a day. It's fucking amazing how many authors cannot read. 

Like everything in life, SER has run its course. Those authors with posting privileges no longer use it as a promotion tool. My friend, the late Christianne France, has quite a few posts still up but her books are no longer available. A lot of the posts are from authors who were also with Amber Quill Press, now defunct. 

Sadly, the time has come to delete the Saturday Evening Romance blog. I've pushed the button on it and it's gone.

The decision was not made lightly but it was the right thing to do. No one likes to click a link and find it no longer works. 

I'm grateful for those authors who did post there in past years and I wish those who are still writing and publishing continued success. 

Now we move on. 

 _*_*_*_*_*_*_


Social media links:
Snips and clips on my YouTube channel: KC Kendricks Between the Keys
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at The Hideaway/Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com


KC Kendricks, Between the Keys, a writer's life, LGBTQ romance, m/m romance, Kindle romance, blog ending, romance novels, Men of Marionville, Centerville Muscle, Sundown saga, Southern Cross, Amethyst Cov

 

No comments: