Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sunday somethings (ramblings, actually)

October 30, 2016
***Updated 4/9/21 - All Romance eBooks closed on December 31, 2016. Where There's Smoke is available at AmazoniTunesBarnes & Noble, and other online booksellers.** 

I'm procrastinating. It's October 30th, and I'm waiting for the mercury to hit 70F. On October 30th. And it's going to. I do love Indian summer. Can I still call it that? Deuce knows there's a walk in his immediate future. He's watching my every move. It might be a good day to set up his tunnel, too. He'll like that. 

Deuce and I have to leave soon because there's fucking football coming on at 9:30 AM this morning. 

Good news! Where There's Smoke is up to #5 on the All Romance eBook bestseller list. I think the highest I'd ever made it, before today, was #7 with SABRE. ARE is having a Halloween sale. Maybe that'll drive it on up the list. That would be cool. (see update below)

We went out to dinner with the cousins yesterday. It was good to see them, but the venue was far too noisy for conversation. Either we can't seem to pick a quick place or the public at large has taken to shouting. The food was good, though. Hickory Bridge, Fairfield PA. Reservations are a must. 

A good witch, Spiderman, and Thor knocked on my door last night after we returned home. Poor Deuce! This is his first Halloween. He didn't know what the heck was going on at first. Then I'm sure he recognized Spiderman as part of our youngest generation from across the creek. 

I'm pondering what to do about Thanksgiving. With my mother in a care facility, it feels a bit tricky. She's not a prisoner there - my stepfather takes her somewhere every day. It's the taking her back for the night that's the problem. The place is nice, like a very expensive hotel with night time care, which we learned the hard way my eighty-year-old stepfather can't provide. Mom's taken to refusing to get out of the car. One of the staffers picks her up with ease and puts her in a wheelchair. She doesn't like either. 

I love it when my cell phone plays Lovely Linda by Paul McCartney. I need to call my cousin back about the Maryland Christmas Show, a big craft fair that will be in Frederick, Maryland the last two weekends in November. Admission is up to $8. Parking is $2. Do you think they realize this is why a lot of people are looking and not buying? Apparently not. I don't buy. I get ideas and make things myself. My honey and I are very handy that way. 

I bowled a 238 game Friday night. I had a dollar in the pot, too. I might get lucky and win the money on that game. I won't know until this coming Friday. 

Social commentary? Figure this one out. I keep hearing Jimi Hendrix sing part of the last verse of All Along the Watchtower:
Outside in the cold distance
A wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching
And the wind began to howl. 

And a thought to stop on: I really must get better about doing stretching exercises. 

Happy Sunday!

 _*_*_*_*_*_*_

 KC Kendricks

My home on the web- Between the Keys: 
Visit my bookshelf at: 

Social media links:
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com

No comments: