Thursday, July 7, 2011

Borders back in the news

I'm proud to be an epublished author.

So if you think it's odd I hate to think of a world without brick and mortar book stores, please chalk it up to one of the contradictions that make up each one of us and define who we are.

Publisher's Lunch keeps up to date with the happenings in the publishing world, and today included an article on Borders. The article states if the $215M offer to buy doesn't work out, Borders will have to liquidate. That would be a shame for my little town, but a possible boon for the epublishing industry.

Maybe I can take a mason jar to Borders and capture a bit of that new-book fragrance before it's too late. Sort of a homage to my younger years.

Read the article here:
http://news.yahoo.com/borders-book-stores-considers-215-million-sale-bid-173100288.html

No comments: