Thursday, August 3, 2017

An evening rainbow

August 2, 2017

I've been blessed to have a beautiful little piece of this planet to call home. I have three acres, two of which are wooded. My house is surrounded by mature trees. We mow beneath those trees closest to the house and have created a park-like back yard. It's quiet, peaceful, and very green. 

In the thirty-six years I've lived here, I've not seen many rainbows here at home. The trees block the view. But last night I got lucky. I stepped out my office door with the intention of throwing the Frisbee for Deuce and spied a lovely rainbow! 

I was excited. Deuce - not so much. When it comes to having his play time interrupted to take a moment to enjoy something rare, Deuce is very sure in his opinions. It took a few Griller treats, and a marathon Frisbee session, to get back in his good graces.

The next time I get lucky and spot a rainbow, I'll take the photo before I tell the dog. It'll go better for me.

KC Kendricks





No comments: