Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Eclipse 2017

August 22, 2017

Then you flew your Lear jet up to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun...Carly Simon

No, yesterday I didn't board the jet and go anywhere to see the total solar eclipse. I only went as far as the sunroom porch. I didn't even get a good photo. I, ehem, appropriated this image. 

That's not to say I didn't enjoy the eclipse. I did. I took the afternoon off work to spend this "once in a lifetime event" with my honey. That made it a pleasant afternoon. We had lunch, complete with an early cocktail, on the porch and then kicked back to relax. 

The time rolled around - between 2:38 and 2:42 PM - and we observed the world around us. The light changed but in no way would I be able to claim it got dark. Deuce sacked out and took a nap (but I'm sure he had his own opinion of the event). All, and I do mean ALL was quiet. No birds singing, no leaves rustling, no squirrels running amok, and absolutely no wind. The only sound was the rooster down the road and he's a stupid bird not long for this world. 

We held a colander up to create little crescents on the deck, which was interesting, but our photos really are a bust. It doesn't matter, at least not to us. 

The important thing was we were able to enjoy some time together doing nothing. That's a real treat in my schedule these days. I spent the afternoon with the most important person in my world, and of course, Deuce . For that, the eclipse of 2017 will be memorable.

KC Kendricks
www.kckendricks.com
www.twitter.com/kckenricks
www.facebook.com/kckendricks

No comments: