Thursday, April 12, 2018

Seventy degrees and the sun is shining

April 12, 2018

Things have been a little slow in my world. It's been like molasses in a cold January. Honest. I think I have a bad case of "It Needs to Actually Be Spring!" Today is the first truly spring-like day we've had and suddenly I feel like communicating with words and not grunts and glares. It's a miracle! 

I've got a list about a mile long. My yard is its usual after-winter mess. Ditto for the patio. I'd had grand plans to get the pool filled early this year. What I didn't have plans for was to put down new flooring, but that seems to be on the spousal unit's list so guess what? We're doing the bathroom floor. That means I'll want a new countertop, sink, and backsplash. Why wouldn't I want that? And, of course, a fresh coat of paint in there. Not. On. My. List. 

What is on my list is finishing up the ghostie story. Our hero buys a house and finds it's already occupied. Then there's the boss who's a friend and becoming more than a friend. And maybe the boss had a little something to do with our hero's ex-boyfriend leaving him. And maybe the ghost had a hand in running people out of "his" house throughout the years. But maybe the three of them work it out to cohabit in peace and harmony. The story is coming along. Now if I can just discipline myself enough to finish it. The cover is ready. 


The cover that's not ready is for Bored, Stroked and Blueprinted. With Loose Id closing, I need to get the cover created. It will FINALLY BE THE COVER I WANTED FOR THIS BOOK!!!!  Seriously, with all the bitching and whining about covers, why doesn't everyone learn to do this task? It's fun, not a chore! 

Before anything else happens, I'm going to leave the day job, go home, and take Deuce for a decent walk. The poor guy has cabin fever. What's a young, energetic Lab to do when the weather is bad and his parents don't want to go outside? Get depressed, that's what. This afternoon I'll see if I can lift his spirits with a jaunt through the woods. I know it will elevate mine. 

KC Kendricks
www.kckendricks.com
kckendricks.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/kckendricks
www.twitter.com/kckendricks
www.pinterest.com/kckendricks

No comments: