Monday, January 10, 2022

Writers just wanna have fun

January 10, 2022

Today is one of those days when I'm practicing for my retirement. I have less than seventy official working days left before the BIG R. Hmm. Maybe what I'm really practicing is laziness. With so many options available to me today, I chose Twitter in the one o'clock hour and I'm glad I did. 

This little gem of a chart popped up in someone's feed and it had me smiling as I read each description. According to the chart, I'm almost exclusively a True Plantser. It's not that I don't see elements of each in my writing style, because I do, but I can't follow a script to save myself. 

As a newbie, I made outlines (still do occasionally), wrote character bios (still do occasionally), used a post-it note plot board (nope, it's trash), but only once have I mentioned... once? Maybe once, maybe twice. Yeah, I don't usually know anything about my character's socks. 

Now that I've read that on a chart I'll live in fear that the color of my character's socks will somehow make its way into every forthcoming story. Truly. And I'll be paying attention in every book I read henceforth to see if socks are mentioned. Such are the things I obsess about when it comes to writing. 

I enjoy finding these little gems on social media. My hat's off to cheyannealpka for creating the chart. I don't know that person, but I admire the creativity of such an endeavor.

No matter what your writing style is, it's YOUR style and you stick to it. Grab elements from each and make it your own. Nor do you need to approach every story the same way. Do what you need to do to get that idea seed to sprout and grow! 

So that's it for today. I'm going back to getting my lazy on. If you want to read about yesterday's pantry project, visit The Hideaway. I guess I don't feel the need to be productive every day. 

If you want to share Deuce's New Years' Eve day adventure, it's at Deuce's Day. 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 KC Kendricks


Social media links:
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com
Snips and clips on my YouTube channel: KC Kendricks Between the Keys


No comments: