Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Still more surprises!

July 29, 2008
**updated 4/3/21**

The quarterly bestseller list came out at Amber Allure, and Surrendered Victory came in at #4 for the entire second quarter.

Yes, I looked at that list, squeezed my eyes tightly closed, and looked again. Well, stared at it is closer to the truth. No matter how many times I blinked, it stayed at #4.

Do I feel a wee bit sheepish? Yes.

Am I thrilled? Yes.

Am I enjoying the ride? You betcha! It wouldn't be honest to say I wasn't :)

With the fun of having a story hit the lists comes the "what ifs." What if the next story doesn't do as well? What if the reviewers don't like the next story? You know what? That may be the case, and if it is, then so be it. Even Cal Ripken didn't hit a home run every time at bat. All I can do is keep having fun with my writing.

What makes this so sweet is that I love Surrendered Victory, and I think it's okay to admit that.

The next story? 

The first round edits of Passion's Victory ( https://kckendricks.blogspot.com/p/passions-victory-by-kc-kendricks.html ) are done and it's sitting in my editor's files as I type. In the midst of editing, the Big Idea struck me how to make the current work-in-progress a bit more interesting. Now if the Big Title would do the same....


_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 KC Kendricks

Life through the eyes of Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com


No comments: