Thursday, July 26, 2018

Mercury in retrograde - the author is back at it

July 26, 2018


Did you know Mercury goes retrograde today until August 19? Hmmm. Several "dark" spots in my world have suddenly brightened or disappeared. Is there a connection? Not supposed to be. Mercury in retrograde is not good for a Gemini. Gemini rules communication and a retrograde brings miscommunication. But I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I'm going with the flow and the flow is good.

I'm grateful to be back to my private writing world regardless of what Mercury is doing to everyone else. Time away is sometimes necessary. You know the story. Spouse, family, job, blah, blah. It's a shared experience. As women, we can have it all just maybe not all at once. In my "all," the thing that gets dropped first is writing. Dropping people has too many consequences for them and in the long term for me.

Currently, I have three works-in-progress. First up will be Please Use the Door. It's a ghostly love story inspired by a television show I watched called Ghosts of Shepherdstown. I live about half an hour from Shepherdstown so yeah, I tuned in to see what was going on. I wondered if maybe I'd see something to make me say I'm never going there again but that didn't happen. What did happen was I was struck by a very important question: Why do ghosts in these shows always come through a door? I'd think a ghost could pop out of a wall. Hence the story title and the idea of our hero ordering the ghost to "please use the door!" As if a ghost would obey.

Steel Wheels is another Ian Coulter mystery/suspense. I love writing Ian, Rick, and their supporting cast. After that, I'm finally going back to Centerville to revisit Logan and Mick. I've had it in mind since I wrote Bored, Stroked and Blueprinted. It's not a sequel in the strict sense of the word. Logan and Mick opening their home to a friend of Logan's will launch the story and give our new hero a roof over his head when he first gets to town.

There are several covers to create on my To Do List as well. My friend and sometimes collaborator Christianne France has been most patient as I've dealt spouse, family, work. Maybe I should just start calling it SFW.

So it was a longer post than anticipated. Bottom line, it looks like I'm going to have a stretch where I can do some writing and a little TCB. I sure hope I didn't just jinx myself...

KC
www.kckendricks.com
twitter.com/kckendricks
facebook.com/kckendricks




No comments: