Sunday, February 20, 2022

Chapter 7 is in the can


 February 20, 2022

I remember back in the days of my writing youth when I could pound out a chapter a day. Honest. I could do that. I'm no less talented and/or capable now, so what the heck is my problem?

This past week, I've been chatting via email with my buddy Brenda Williamson. We've been friends since the Whiskey Creek days, back in the mid-nineties. It's always good to touch base with her, as she's my southern connection. She sent me a copy of her most recent work and I'm about to load it on the Kindle and give it a read. 

Chatting with Brenda has given me a bit of inspiration. I've finished chapter seven of the sequel to Ride Your Luck. It's time for the romance to launch! That's always a good spot in the writing of a story. 

If it were the old days, I could finish it before the end of February. IF it were the old days. Now I hate to even guess when it may be finished. 

But things are looking up! At the day job, my replacement has been hired and her start date is March 8. The chair of the board has informed me I'll be paid full salary and benefits through May 31, even if she doesn't need me to go to the office every day. That is beyond generous! I look at it as a reward for my twenty-two years of service. 

Just knowing that they think highly of me has boosted my morale. I'm going to miss my co-workers even as I'm eager to embrace being "retired." I questioned whether or not I should continue to write and I'm coming around to believing the answer is YES. 

I have stories still to tell. I'll get there. 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 KC Kendricks


Social media links:
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com
Snips and clips on my YouTube channel: KC Kendricks Between the Keys

No comments: