Monday, July 4, 2022

Independence Day 2022


July 4, 2022

Every year, as we approach Independence Day, I wonder what I should say to acknowledge the day. Yes, it's a day to celebrate, and a day to remember the sacrifices made to form and protect our nation, the United States of America. 

You may think the fellow draped in the flag is nothing more than eye candy, but he's more than that to me. He represents every man who stood his ground to protect hearth and home. Yes, I like the male body. Men should be celebrated equally with women. 

Recently, our Supreme Court, that entity set forth in Article III of our Constitution, has made a decision that has people up in arms.  Up in arms. No pun intended, but there it is. 

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

SCOTUS upheld our Second Amendment, an action I approve of. Why should criminals be the only people who are armed? Because, as you can plainly read, the Second Amendment doesn't allow for the exclusion of those with criminal minds when it comes to the right to bear arms. As a licensed and legal gun owner in the State of Maryland, I don't mind following Maryland law when I arm myself. I am the Militia, after all. 

Our nation is great because our Constitution allows us to debate those things which are important while giving us guidelines that protect us within the debate. 

Yet these days, rational debate doesn't seem to exist. The screamers among us, those perpetual children, seem to care more about their side winning and getting their own way and to hell with what the other side may consider more appropriate. It's all me! me! me! I'm right and you are WRONG!!!

It's time to grow the hell up and be grateful for our way of life. Your opinion is of no more consequence than mine, so get over yourself. 

We need to get along. We need each other. 

This Independence Day, it's time to calm down and reflect on what is really important. To me, what's important is health, safety, and prosperity, not the cult of personality, and not our soulless social media. 

I guess I don't have anything else to say. Enjoy your day.

 _*_*_*_*_*_*_


Social media links:
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com
Snips and clips on my YouTube channel: KC Kendricks Between the Keys






No comments: