Monday, March 4, 2024

You might think...many things


March 4, 2024

March 4, 1975

It's been an interesting life, so far. The clue that those who rode with me were in for a bit of a ride came on March 4, 1975. I left school and drove my 1969 Camaro to a local department store, where a man opened the car door and shoved a gun to my head. 

I was a schoolgirl. If someone did that today, the surprise might be on them. I'm armed now. You might think I would be vehemently opposed to guns, but no. I embrace my Second Amendment rights. 

And so began a string of unfortunate events. My first marriage ended, my first home burned to the ground, my father died. I could go on but I won't. 

You might think these things have made me bitter. They have not. As pictured, I ended up with a restored (and better) car. I ended up with a new (and better) home. I still miss my father, but I had the gift of his time. He spent time with me. We bonded over cars. My first marriage collapsed but that led me to the Lord of the Manor and a step up. 

There is an old saying that every cloud has a silver lining. The first one was waiting for me forty-nine years ago today. I know my life will have more challenges, and I know that each one will bring me to an even better place. You might think I'm an idiot for thinking that, but I have faith. 

*_*_*_*_*_*_

KC Kendricks
My home on the web- Between the Keys: 
http://kckendricks.blogspot.com
Visit my bookshelf at: 
https://kckendricks.blogspot.com/p/bookshelf.html

Social media links:
Snips and clips on my YouTube channel: KC Kendricks Between the Keys
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at The Hideaway/Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com

KC Kendricks, Rayne Forrest, Between the Keys, 1969 Camaro, faith, LGBT gay romance, gay romance for Kindle, m/m romance, life, rural living, life experiences, stolen vehicles

No comments: