Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Cat Named Hercules by KC Kendricks - #MSS107

August 29, 2015
**Updated 4/2/21 - the My Sexy Saturday blog hop has ended.**

This past week most of my friends celebrated National Dog Appreciation Day. Having lost my beloved Jett earlier this year, I celebrated in private. I looked through thirteen years worth of photos and reminisced about the joy he brought to my life. And who sat on the desk and helped me? Why, the little black and white guy on the book cover! He, too, misses his buddy. 

So this week I'm a little off the My Sexy Saturday topic but I'd still like to introduce you to Shiloh and Galen, and the real hero of their love affair, A Cat Named Hercules. Enjoy!

_*_*_*_*_


I gulped the last bit of liquid in my glass and followed him all the way to his Jeep. With his head lowered, I couldn’t tell if he realized I was behind him or not. When we got to his vehicle he must have seen my reflection in the darkened window glass. He turned, his eyes black and wild with a mix of fear and longing. I closed the distance between us. Galen’s arms snaked their way around my neck. We stumbled hard against the side of his ride. His hold tightened and I seized the opportunity and covered his mouth with mine. 

 I felt the shock go through him but I didn’t back off. I couldn’t. His lips slid over mine as he opened to me, a low moan rolling out of him and into me. He was alive under my hands as I caressed down his backside. His scent was in every rapid breath I managed to take. My cock filled in a few pounding beats. I gripped his hips and flexed my pelvis to his, eager to learn if he was equally hard. Galen sucked in a breath and tore his mouth from mine.

“Shiloh. Shiloh, I have to leave.”

Hot frustration burned inside me, but quickly cooled. He wasn’t playing with me. The man shook violently in my arms. An uneasy realization dawned. I cradled the back of his head and pulled him closer.

“Shh. Lean on me, Gale. Just let me hold you for a second. It’s okay.” I rubbed his back. “Talk to me.”

He eased away from me. “I have to go. I thought I was ready for this, but I’m not.”


“If you want me, know this. I definitely want you.” I reached for him but he planted his hand in the middle of my chest and kept me at arm’s length. 

_*_*_*_
A Cat Named Hercules
Book five in the Men of Marionville series

Now available at AmazoniTunesBarnes and NobleKobo and other online book sellers.

About the book:


New in town, Shiloh Rudy joins a group of civic-minded volunteers to better acquaint himself with his recently adopted community. It’s a good way to make friends, network, and help make a difference, not to mention perhaps meet someone interesting—in a romantic sort of way. The one thing Shiloh didn’t expect was a love to rival all others to come with four white paws.

Gale Widmyer is on his feet and moving forward after piecing his life back together following a series of wrong choices. The one bright spot in his existence, even in his darkest moments, was the fulfillment of his dream to become a veterinarian. Gale’s making good on a promise to himself when an abandoned kitten leads him to Shiloh Rudy and a chance at the happiness he never hoped to have.

Laying the cornerstone for a developing relationship comes easy for Shiloh and Gale. But the wounds of the past often remain unhealed at their deepest point. A few careless words erect a wall of silence between the two men, one Shiloh has to breach if he hopes to win Gale back. But it will take more than apologies to win Gale’s forgiveness and put old fears to rest. It’ll take a cat named Hercules.

KC Kendricks
www.kckendricks.com
www.twitter.com/kckendricks 

Be sure to visit the My Sexy Saturday blogs below for more great excerpts! 



No comments: