Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Appreciating small freedoms

July 4, 2017

Happy Independence Day! I have sort of a tradition here at Between the Keys and you're looking at him. I like to share my "patriotism" as part of my July 4th celebrating. I've shared him before. There really is something compelling about him, don't you think? Maybe it's his smile, yes?

Having the freedom to poke a little tongue-in-cheek fun at a photo might seem frivolous, but it's not. Our larger freedoms are based on these small things.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. - The Preamble to the Constitution of the United States

Without these words, penned so long ago, I might not be able to have a little fun this morning. My life is full of blessings and bounty because I'm fortunate to live under the protection of the Constitution of the United States.

I'll debate politics some other day. This day is for appreciating freedoms I sometimes take for granted. And enjoying the view.

KC





No comments: