Sunday, October 21, 2018

Small change, big impact

October 21, 2018

Every year as summer slips into fall I swear I'm finished with any home and garden work. Autumn is the time to kick back and enjoy the brisk air and perfect skies. Every year I am determined I will relax and breathe. 

Ha. Ha. It didn't work this year, either. Ha. Ha. Ha. 

Circa 2005, the spousal unit wanted to get an entertainment center. At the time I wasn't about to refuse him.  He was in the middle of chemotherapy and an ugly piece of furniture was a small thing to agree to. I didn't know he would eventually clutter it up with a gzillion DVDs he never watches. All my subsequent attempts to get this monstrosity out of my house have failed. #men

Fast forward to 2018, and I'm still staring at this thing. But now, Himself decided he wanted an electric fireplace. I pondered it for a bit and decided it couldn't make it any worse. When he dusted out his wallet to plunk down $199 for the thing, again, I couldn't argue. The unit arrived yesterday. It had the WORST set of instructions I've ever seen. Truly.

It took us five hours to put the cabinet together. No joke. We prevailed and the unit works, thank goodness. 

In the end, it's a vast improvement. I'm not sure the photos really do it justice. The TV now fills up the space, and the end cabinets are closer together. The DVD collection he doesn't watch is stored in the old base which is now beneath the bow window. It just looks better. 

Don't tell him. It'll go to his head. 

KC
www.kckendricks.com
www.twitter.com/kckendricks







No comments: