Friday, March 10, 2023

I can, so why not?

 March 10, 2023


Did you ever have one of those days when what you should be doing is simply of no interest to you? It happens. But the thing is, there are always myriad things I need to do. I should be working on the WIP, but a few other things intruded. Things like transplanting cabbage and Brussels sprout seedlings and planting tomato seeds. That's one of the things with gardening. The plants and the weather dictate to you. 

I should have jumped on the WIP with my few gardening chores accomplished. And I did. I opened the document ... and I closed the document. It's Friday and I've been good all week. I wanted to work on something to do with the writing, so I did a little promo and reworked a couple of promo cards. 

One of the books I rarely do any promo on is Hot August Comes. I don't really know why because the book was on the Amber Quill bestseller list, the ARe bestseller list, and it got good reviews. I've always thought it was a good story, if I must say so myself. I decided now was the time to make an improvement where HAC is concerned. So I did. I think the card turned out really well. 

The other thing I want to do is a series promo for the Amethyst Cove series like I've been doing for the Men of Marionville series. Last year I set myself the task of posting a promo on every book in the MOM series, and I did that. It's snowballed on me in that I keep finding new Facebook groups to run those promos. Thank goodness I thought to create a spreadsheet! Anyway, I updated the promo card for Double Deuce. It's not a big change but a small improvement. 

There is always something to do when I put on the writer's hat. So even if I'm not physically working on the WIP, I'm letting my subconscious brain work on it. Later tonight, or maybe not until tomorrow morning, my subconscious will toss the next chapter at me and I'll get it down. I've learned to relax a bit about doing other things. It pays off in the long run. 

 _*_*_*_*_*_*_


Social media links:
Snips and clips on my YouTube channel: KC Kendricks Between the Keys
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at The Hideaway/Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com

KC Kendricks, contemporary gay romance, m/m romance, LGBTQ gay, romance novels, a writer's life, promotion items, work-in-progress, Hot August Comes, Double Deuce, series romance, gardening, Between the Keys

No comments: