Tuesday, August 22, 2023

A new, but necessary distraction

August 22, 2023

Distractions. Writers may try to avoid them, but it's as if the Universe simply can't stand to have a writer peacefully clicking away on her/his keyboard. I've written about distractions before, but this time? THIS time it's a distraction that put me in crisis mode! My faithful (now not so faithful!) CD player has given up the ghost and is headed to electronic disposal. 

I don't have a clue how many music CDs we actually own. Not a clue. Hundreds is my best guess. I won't lie and say I play CDs every day, but the prospect of not having all that music available to me with the push of a button is, well, scary. When I'm in the mood for some Elton John, I want to hear it NOW! 

What to do? Purchase a new player, you say. That makes sense, but my sound system is ancient. I'm not sure a new player will plug in and play. A new system would be smaller ✅, have a remote control ✅, and have a USB playback ✅✅✅✅✅!!

A USB playback. I love having that in my car. I have a favorites playlist for in the vehicles with almost fifteen hundred songs on it. This could really work!

Yeah, it could work if I had all my music loaded onto the computer so I could slide it right over to a jump drive. 

Guess what the distracted writer is doing today? 

 _*_*_*_*_*_*_


Social media links:
Snips and clips on my YouTube channel: KC Kendricks Between the Keys
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at The Hideaway/Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com


KC Kendricks, Between the Keys, m/m gay romance for Kindle, contemporary romance, a writer's life, LGBTQ romance, writing distractions, writers on writing, music CD, USB drive, memory stick, jump drive

No comments: