Monday, January 8, 2024

So that's what it's called: Bullet journal

January 8, 2024

Of course, I'm going to do it my way.

Last night, I learned that my style of keeping a daily calendar/to-do list/activity log is called bullet journaling. Who knew? I've been doing it for years and I called it...Heck. I didn't call it anything. It's just my daily calendar. 

I don't buy a notebook full of blank pages to customize. I purchase a [very expensive] Day Planner. It has monthly dividers with the month at a glance, a page for monthly notes, and it has a page for every day of the year. The day pages are divided into sections: hourly, to-do, top three important things of the day,  notes, and reflections/gratitude. There is a section in the front that could easily be used as an index, which I didn't think to do, but I may incorporate it. 

Being retired, I don't have a lot of pre-scheduled appointments. The hourly section is my record of what I did that day, time approximate. I staple appointment cards to the page, and screen caps of the ten day forecast get added from time to time. I do record the temperature every morning when I first sit at my desk. I'm always curious to see what the weather was a year ago, or even several years ago. 

After watching Sandi Brock (Sheepishly Me on YouTube) talk about her bullet journal, I looked up what it was. There are a lot of pages devoted to it and the creativity is impressive, but I'm not going to reinvent the wheel since I found a pre-printed day planner that works for me. 

I find it interesting when I discover I'm doing something that falls in place with the rest of the world and I didn't know the rest of the world had a name for it. There is so much going on outside my four walls and having made my choice to write, I don't have time to discover even a fraction of it! 

Am I missing out? Maybe a little. 

Chapter 9 is waiting. 

    _*_*_*_*_*_*_

 KC Kendricks
My home on the web- Between the Keys: 
Visit my bookshelf at: 

Social media links:
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at The Hideaway/Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com
Snips and clips on my YouTube channel: KC Kendricks Between the Keys


KC Kendricks, Rayne Forrest, Between the Keys, contemporary gay romance, m/m romance, LGBT gay, Kindle books, bullet journal, a writer's life, rural living, learning,

No comments: