Monday, January 15, 2024

The Accidental Writer Podcast


January 15, 2024

One of the things on my mind at the end of 2023 was whether or not to start making more videos and maybe even a podcast. You know the old saying of nothing ventured, nothing gained? I decided it applied to this and I made a podcast video. Or is it a video podcast? It's a start, that's what it is. 

Is it a good start? I can't say.
Was it worth doing? I can't say.
Will anyone view it? I can't say.
Did I, at the very least, learn something? Yep. 

My computer came with a basic movie maker program. It didn't take much to pull out some photos and string them together with a few new .jpgs that I made into a presentable video. The voice-over was more difficult. I had to order a microphone and a headset. No problem. Big A delivered them to my door. But getting the timing to work out? Problem. I missed the ending by about five seconds, but I don't think it matters much on the last screen. 

I called this first video podcast The Accidental Writer, and it's an introduction of sorts to KC Kendricks. It's basic information that if you've been a regular reader here at the blog, you know. But while blogging is not a thing of the past, more and more people would rather watch a video or listen to a podcast. I do think that fifty years from now, reading will be a thing of the past except for the educated few. 

If you'd like to watch my first endeavor into the world of the podcast, it can be viewed below. It's free, and my YouTube channel isn't monetized so there aren't any ads (I don't think). 

If you would, please subscribe to the channel. I'd like to grow it to the point where I can monetize it. I need to keep my dog in kibble. 

What podcast may come next? I have a list of things I can talk about, but I think the next one will focus on a book. Or maybe one of the series. I haven't decided which way to go on that one. More personal ramblings comparable to The Accidental Writer will happen but they'll be spaced out. 

Thanks for stopping by the blog, and I hope you enjoy The Accidental Writer.  






 

 _*_*_*_*_*_*_

KC Kendricks
My home on the web- Between the Keys: 
http://kckendricks.blogspot.com
Visit my bookshelf at: 
https://kckendricks.blogspot.com/p/bookshelf.html

Social media links:
Snips and clips on my YouTube channel: KC Kendricks Between the Keys
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at The Hideaway/Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com


KC Kendricks, Rayne Forrest, romance fiction, LGBT gay romance, Kindle romance, YouTube, podcasts, m/m romance, Between the Keys, new ventures, rural living, country lifestyle, a writer's life, social media, book promotion

No comments: