Thursday, February 8, 2024

When you need to shelve writing

February 8, 2024

It has been impossible to write. 

The last several weeks haven't been easy. The spousal unit's illness pretty much sucked the life out of me. Yeah, that's an exaggeration, so let's backtrack and say it sucked the JOY out of me. 

Why is that a problem for me? I can't write when I'm not happy. And I can't write dystopian gloom and doom on my best day! My stock in trade is getting to the point where you fall in love and are happy that you've met a special someone. 

The title of the current work-in-progress turned out to be The First of February. Needless to say, I missed the optimal time to release it. With RC needing care, I won't even get it finished this month. 

I'm sure some writers can power through and write every day of their lives regardless of what transpires around them. I wish I could do that instead of shelving a project until the current crisis is resolved. I hope today brings some relief. I'm writing this blog before we leave for a doctor's appointment to have his catheter removed. He's been uncomfortable in ways I can only imagine. 

It's times like these that make me question my dedication. WHY can't I seem to power through and write? WHY does my life have to be in a certain order for the words to flow out? The more I look for an answer the less I seem to be certain of, but one thing seems clear - the universe did not like it that I was on a roll. WHY is that? 

I will finish the story and maybe give it a "soft" launch. The time to hit the promo circuit with it will be next February. Or I could hold it for almost a year. (Probably not.) 

These roadblocks happen in life and we need to muddle through them. And I need to get back to writing. Maybe this morning will let the stars align and it will happen. 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

KC Kendricks
My home on the web- Between the Keys: 
http://kckendricks.blogspot.com
Visit my bookshelf at: 
https://kckendricks.blogspot.com/p/bookshelf.html

Social media links:
Snips and clips on my YouTube channel: KC Kendricks Between the Keys
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at The Hideaway/Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com


Between the Keys, KC Kendricks, Rayne Forrest, m/m romance, romance fiction, Kindle romance, LGBT gay romance, rural living, a writer's life, crisis management

No comments: