Monday, July 27, 2015

Surrendered Victory by KC Kendricks

July 27, 2015


It's been a while since I've done a promo on the very first KC Kendricks book ever written. This evening seemed like a good time to share one. -KC
_*_*_*_*

Surrendered Victory
KC Kendricks

Contemporary gay romance

Dalton makes Reed tingle in all the right places. Now Reed’s ready to answer the question that’s haunted his every failed relationship. Is he really gay?

Reed walked into Dalton’s life and everything changed. This time, Dalton won’t hide the fact he’s gay from anyone, even his son.

Together they surrender all to each other and claim the ultimate victory - love.

EXCERPT

We tapped our shot glasses together and downed the golden-brown nectar in unison. Funny how I’d never cared too much for the stuff and now I liked it. Dalton flopped down on the bed beside me. My gaze dropped to his groin.

He shook his head. “First, I have a question.”

“Shoot.”

He grinned, showing even white teeth. “Does the elder Mr. Kauffman know you’re gay?”

I snorted. “What makes you think I’m gay? Because I’m naked in bed with another man?”

“Well, Reed, that is sorta my first clue.”

The nervous tapping of his left index finger drew me. “If you want a cigarette, go get one.”

Dalton shot me a sideways glance. “I’ve had my one for today. I’ve come this far to quitting, I’m not backsliding now.”

It didn’t seem wise to point out to him if he could get by on one a day he could get by on none. I chose a safer course. “Congratulations. It’s a tough addiction to break.”

“So is boffing guys up the ass. I’m not even going to think about rehabbing myself on that. Are you going to answer my question?”

“I wouldn’t want you to, and no, dear old Dad does not know for certain his heir likes boys,” I told him dryly.

“That’s not the talk.”

“Oh? That’s always been the talk, and I’m sure he’s heard it. That’s why, when I broke it off with the last girlfriend, his head exploded. The fallout of that eruption landed me out here where he doesn’t have to look at his ‘failure.’” I sighed and stroked his cheek with my knuckles.

“His loss.” Dalton propped up on his elbow and looked down at me, his face earnest in the light from the bathroom. “Do you think you’re a failure?”

“Because I’m gay?”

Jesus, I’d uttered those two syllables as though they were merely words and didn’t define my past, present and future all at once. I’d come a long way in the space of a few hours. Or had I? I’d been moving toward tonight for a long time.

Dalton splayed his hand in the center of my chest, his middle finger gently tapping the flat disk of my nipple.

“I’ve failed at a lot of things, but never at being me,” I said.

His face underwent a curious change, morphing from earnestly curious, to surprise, to something akin to pleasure, before turning sad.

“You’re one of the lucky ones then.” He trailed his hand down my torso to my belly button. I nipped his shoulder.

“Go lower, Dalton. Just a few inches lower.”

He pinned me to the bed with a quick, controlled roll, the move of a street fighter. A frisson of excitement, mixed with trepidation, swept me. Those large, calloused hands cupped my face.

“Reed, you have to be sure. If you’re not, we’ll call it a night.”

That notion scared me worse than anything he would physically do to me. If he backed off now, I’d never get this close to him again. The demons we both danced with would see to it.

Before I could answer, his mouth claimed mine, searing my lips as his fused to mine. My world reeled as his kiss stole my breath. His body covered mine, tense with the urgency of his desire and his demand. His intention was clear. He meant to have me before I could change my mind. I cupped his ass and pulled him closer.

A low moan rumbled in his chest as his arms held me still. My cock filled to bursting. He guided my hands to the headboard and I grasped the rail and held on as he licked his way down my chest.

Surrendered Victory
more info at www.kckendricks.com/SurrenderedVictory.html

KC Kendricks
Visit my website at: http://www.kckendricks.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kckendricks

No comments: