Saturday, March 8, 2014

Open Roads for this My Sexy Saturday

March 8, 2014

**Updated 4/2/21 - the My Sexy Saturday blog hop has been closed.**

Welcome to week #39 of My Sexy Saturday.

There's a line in a Joe Cocker song that goes something like "point me east and let me go." I'm sort of like that only east isn't a very good direction for a Marylander. West, south and north are far better. Head east from here and in a few hours you hit the surf and you're done.


Open Roads sprang into being when a couple of ideas blended together. The big questions to building the story were what would happen if you met the right person far from home? Would you stay? Would you walk away? Would you risk your heart for a handful of perfect days? I think the answers worked very well in Open Roads.

*_*_*_*

His gray gaze held my hazel one captive as I held out my hand to him. “Tyler Phillips, owner-operator.”

Strong fingers closed around mine, holding my hand a moment too long for politeness. “Noel Springs, stranded motorist.” Awareness arced between us, that recognition so many people call “gaydar.” I called it something else—lightning. Noel Springs was gay and he liked what he saw. He let go of my hand as I motioned at the ratty sofa that took up the east wall of the room. It was slated for replacement in the fourth quarter of the fiscal year, but it was only June.

“Have a seat, Noel. While your engine cools, I need to finish up a job in the garage.”


“It might take a while for that to happen, Tyler.” He looked me up and down again, a slow, lazy perusal that made my heart beat a little faster. It also brought out my attitude.


I shifted my weight, a subtle movement that let my hips go forward. He noticed, so I tossed him a little tease at him. “Like what you see?”


The corner of his mouth twitched. “Yeah. I do. It’s a shame, too, because home is nowhere near here.”


“The universe does enjoy playing its little games with people.” I smiled again, nodded, then walked away before I got stupid with him. A little flirtation was fine, but I didn’t trick with my customers.


_*_*_*_*_

Open Roads - book two in the Men of Marionville series
available at Amazon, iTunes, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and other online booksellers.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 KC Kendricks

My home on the web- Between the Keys: 
Visit my bookshelf at: 

Social media links:
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

LOL I was just thinking his engine isn't going to cool anytime soon. And then he made the comment. Love the sexual tension! :-)

Author H K Carlton said...

Major flirtation, KC. I have a feeling he might make an exception about tricking with the customers, this time. Great excerpt!

KC Kendricks said...

Thanks for stopping by Between the Keys! Yes, Tyler surprises himself a few times with Noel but he ends up being okay with it. :)

Dakota Trace said...

Love the flirtiness of their exchange.

Dakota

Anonymous said...

Hot damn this meet-cute is just waiting for more!

- Bonnie

KC Kendricks said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving comments! I know how difficult it can be to visit all the blogs.