Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What's ahead for 2014? Wouldn't it be nice to know?



January 8, 2014

What AM I going to do in 2014? 

I did a 2013 year in review blog so it stands to reason I should follow it up with the prerequisite speculation into 2014. The only problem with that is.... well, hell. It's Wednesday. My desk has neat little piles of crap...um...work.. all over it, and I can't think past the fact the copier sounds like it's about to croak. I sure picked a bad time to thing about blogging. But perhaps I digress.

I'm stepping into 2014 with a new processor, which should be interesting. I haven't gotten a new machine in quite a few years and so have skipped over a few operating systems. I suspect I'll be purchasing new software, too. Will it help me write faster? I doubt it since I'll still have my same trusty wireless keyboard that sometimes forgets to register keystrokes. (I mention that in case my editor reads this and starts to get excited about maybe finding an "s" everywhere one is supposed to be. Not gonna happen, I'm afraid. I know myself and that keyboard too well.)

On the writing front, I find I'm not as far along as I'd hoped. I'm working hard on the next Sundown story and making lots of notes for the next Ian Coulter tale, a follow-up to Deuce of Diamonds. Yes, there is some big, let's say BIG news on the horizon, but until the digital ink is on the digital page, I can't share. But you know me after all this time, I can, of course, give you a tease. 

The Men of Marionville will also be back in 2014 when a friend of Dylan's moves to town to join him in a business venture. After that, a shopkeeper hires a helper and sparks fly, and somewhere in this mix two guys in the same apartment building meet and find their careers, and lives, are about to intertwine.

So that's five books on top of family, friends, fun and a full-time job. AND let's not forget the 2014 A to Z Blogging Challenge in April. And since I'm stuck on the letter "f" I'll mention that I hope to do better on facebook now that I have a handle on Twitter.

It looks like 2014 is going to be a fantastic and fulfilling year. I hope you'll come along for the read. 

KC Kendricks
website
twitter
blog
facebook



No comments: