Monday, November 6, 2023

In the middle of the night - Sumner's Garden blurb


November 6, 2023

Generally speaking, I don't like it when I wake up in the middle of the night. I'm not one of those who can easily go back to sleep. Hindering that is Deuce, who knows if Mommy is awake he can get a pee-pee break. After getting up and letting him go out, I'm more likely to reach for my Kindle and read when I crawl under the covers again. 

Last night was an exception. I woke around three-ish and had an epiphany. I don't know if I dreamed it or if my subconscious had been working on it these past weeks. Perhaps I had to let my brain settle down after working the last six weeks. I don't know and I don't much care. I woke and the cover blurb for Sumner's Garden was there.

Did I jump out of bed and run to the computer? Nope. Consequently, it was mid-afternoon before I remembered I had to sit down and commit it to paper. Author's brains work in mysterious ways. 

I'm hopeful that now I can do the last read-through and finally get Sumner's Garden published. The cover blurb, and work, had me stalled. This story has been a long time coming, and I can't wait to get it on my Kindles for late-night reading. 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

About Sumner's Garden:

Runaway. Drifter. Andy Pulaski made choices. 

Fate can rule with a gentle hand, and one bright summer day she deposited Andy Pulaski in Sumnerville. Needing to work to earn enough money to get to the next stop in his journey, Andy hires on with Tom Sumner to help the older man on his homestead. Andy may be a drifter, but he’s frequented public libraries and educated himself. He looks at every stop he makes as an opportunity to learn. Things are looking up and Andy may stay longer than the agreed two weeks. 

Rafe Sumner isn’t too happy about his Uncle Tom hiring a scruffy drifter. He’s been Tom’s helper all his life even if he doesn’t always see eye-to-eye with his uncle. He doesn’t get along with his mother, either. He knows his father’s last name wasn’t Sumner and he knows the truth is out there somewhere. He just can’t find it. 

Andy and Rafe develop a grudging respect for each other while working for Tom. It could be that what they’re seeking is right in front of them. All they have to do is look beyond what happens between them at night. 

_*_*_This work contains sexual situations and is intended for mature readers. 


_*_*_*_*_*_

 KC Kendricks

Social media links:
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at The Hideaway/Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com
Snips and clips on my YouTube channel: KC Kendricks Between the Keys

KC Kendricks, Between the Keys, Sumner's Garden, Shine A Light, contemporary gay romance, m/m romance, GLBT romance, Kindle romance, second chances, self-discovery, gay love

No comments: