Tuesday, April 26, 2016

V is for Vacation

Day 22
April 26, 2016
2016 A to Z Blogging Challenge

Thanks for stopping by Between the Keys as part of the 2016 A to Z Blogging Challenge. 

*_*_*_*_*

Since time waits for no woman, it’s up to the woman to seize time - time for a vacation!

As strange as it may seem, I’ve been counting the number of vacations I’ll get before I retire. My annual big week off is the week of Memorial Day. If all goes according to plan, I will only have four more May vacation weeks. I need to use them wisely.

Well, three actually, since the last one will be my exit. The plan is to have the last half of May be paid vacation and my official retirement date to be June 1. In a perfect world. 

Past years have seen my vacation time spent on home & garden projects. No more. I now have a handyman to save me time. He’s semi-retired. I’m in that age bracket where everyone I know is either planning to retire, semi-retired or finally retired. It’s a hazard of life. Anyway, by the time my vacation week rolls around, the handyman should have my spring projects finished. Provided he has the time. He’s good so he's in demand.

I’d like to spend my vacation time on my patio playing with the new pup. He’ll be almost four months old by the end of May - a great age for fun. It’ll be time to get him walking calmly on a leash and show him all about our woods.

Yep. A vacation with a young puppy. What could be better?

 KC Kendricks

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A vacation AND a new puppy? You are golden!

KC Kendricks said...

I can't wait! I even put one of those little countdown clickers on my phone set to go off at 4 PM on May 26. It's really going to get bad around May 15. I'll be ready to expire!