Friday, April 22, 2016

S is for Schedule

Day 19
April 22, 2016
2016 A to Z Blogging Challenge

I schedule as much as I can, as far ahead as I can. Back in the day, I had a bulky day-planner I carried around in a large pocketbook, but now, thank you God, all I need is my cell phone. And a much smaller handbag.

It was necessary for me to go online and actually count the Google calendars I have. The total surprised me - TEN. I have ten separate, yet shared, calendars. My personal calendar, my honey’s personal calendar, the birthday/anniversary, and the “what’s for dinner” calendar are shared between us. Then I have the day job calendar, a promotions calendar, NASCAR, full moon, holidays, and yes, my own A to Z Blogging Challenge calendar. I suppose it's also time to create a calendar to keep track of my mother and stepfather. 

Is it visually bulky to have all those schedules in front of me? Nope. A few clicks and all but the one I want to see will disappear. I do use the day view on my phone and the monthly view on my desktop computer. Only occasionally does any single day get overcrowded with items I need to prioritize to accomplish. It's easy to look at any particular date and know whether or not I can schedule something else for that day. 

Keeping my time scheduled keeps me on track, and out of trouble, and that works for me. 

 KC Kendricks

*_*_*_*

S is for Sundown

THE BACK STAIRS (Book 1 of the Sundown Saga)

Fallon Roxbury has a nose for trouble, and the uncanny ability for landing in the middle of it the moment he finds it. While investigating the gruesome murder of a young male prostitute in the red-light district, Fallon gets a whiff of something very strange. Forensics has unidentified hairs. Very unidentified hairs, like nothing in any of the textbooks. Following a tip from a person of interest, Fallon meets Sundown, an apparent hustler who knows a lot more than he will admit.

Getting personally involved with Sundown breaks every rule in the police manual, and in Fallon’s own personal code. Sundown is like a drug, and Fallon can’t stop at just one hit. When Sundown is forced to reveal the truth, Fallon’s world is turned upside down, and he’s left with only two options: check himself in for psychiatric evaluation, or accept a new reality with a strange shift.

Shapeshifters, that is.

1 comment:

J Lenni Dorner said...

J here, of the #atozchallenge Arlee Bird's A to Z Ambassador Team. Tonight, YOU have been #COMMENTMOBBED with love from #azchat.
How has the challenge been going for you so far? Are you meeting your goals of posting and hopping to other blogs? 3/4 of the way done!
My blog's giveaway is still going. I'm encouraging everyone to visit more stops.
http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com

Yes, I remember carrying a day planner in college. I'm grateful for Google calendar. Definitely easier.

Interesting sounding book.