Wednesday, April 18, 2012

P is for Promotion



On Being a Published Writer
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
A to Z Blogging 2012
Day 16


Today’s blog is short and sweet. I could write paragraph after paragraph but …why? I have one singular point to that I hope you will always remember.

If you don’t promote your book, who will?

This is the bottom line on promotion. If you don’t promote your book, who will? The answer is a big blank page. No one will promote your work the way you will.

Sure, you can pay someone to do the promo. Rates vary as does the quality of the promotion. Be prepared to either track a promo company all over the Internet to find proof of what they’re doing to earn their money, or be prepared to ignore them and hope you’re not getting ripped off.

Don’t get me wrong or credit me with saying something I’m not. There are some good companies out there and if you do your homework, you’ll see which ones they are. Stick with them. Just remember no one will work as hard to promote your book as you will yourself.

Is promotion confusing? Yes. Exhausting? Yes. Too many rules and regulations on everyone’s list/blog/forum? Yes. Even I have posting rules over at Saturday Evening Romance and Saturday Morning Reviews.


Keep at it. You’ll find what works best for you. I once bought book that used three hundreds pages and a lot of words to get one simple point across. It doesn’t matter what you do to promote your book as long as you do something.
And the absolute very best promotion for your current release is something only you can produce - your next release.

Now get busy writing!

KC Kendricks

2 comments:

Sherry Gloag said...

:-) Yes ma-am. Yhanks for this, It's good to have it drummed into you again, even if you do know the rules!

http://sherrygloagtheheartofromance.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Too true KC! I've been worried so much about bills and finding a regular paycheck that I have been ignoring my promoting. Shame on me.:(