Monday, April 14, 2014

L is for Life! (2014 A -Z Blogging Challenge)

April 14, 2014

 2014 A to Z Blogging Challenge
A Rural Life
Day 12 

L is for Life!



We’ve made it to week #3 of the 2014 A to Z Blogging Challenge and tomorrow marks the halfway point. This is the fourth year I’ve participated in the challenge and this year I’m focusing on A Rural Life. It’s my life and it’s a darn good one! . 

Will I do a little promo along the way? Sure! Writing is a big part of who I am. I can’t blog if I cut out part of my life, now can I?

_*_*_*_*_




How did we get here? Did the building blocks for life come here from another world? Did we spring into being on the sixth day? Did we evolve? All of the above?

I suspect it’s all of the above. On the risk of upsetting folks on both the right and left of the political spectrum, I think a powerful hand brought all these things together to create life, using what was necessary to create order in a natural realm. It’s easy to imagine this great being looking over the recipe for life and saying, “Okay. I need some comet dust here….and now some protozoa right there….”

Life is a glorious mystery no matter what you believe as an origin story. Or even if your personal philosophy doesn’t include the myths of origin. Life is still a wondrous event to celebrate. 

Here on this wooded hillside it’s easy to see the order in life. Every spring the tips of the maple trees turn red until the entire forest appears to blush. Then the leaves sprout and a wave of green sweeps up the side of the mountain. The color darkens and holds steadfast until late September. Then in ones and twos, the leaves along the high ridges change until autumn claims the mountain in a march of red, yellow and orange soldiers leaving a trail of brown and gray behind until spring once again seizes power. It's amazing to me how nature is every-changing and yet so constant

I think we humans need nature's gentle anchor in our lives, ones that can let us move a bit to avoid harm but not get blown too far off course. I like to celebrate life in my stories, not politics that restrain us or doctrines that cause us distress.

We’re all here in this place and in this time - together. Let’s enjoy our lives and the lives of others. We’re all valuable and we all value our lives. If we truly love one another as we love ourselves, the world will be a finer place.

==================

You didn’t really think you’d get away without a
brief book promo, did you?

L is for LEATHER JACKETS, book six of the Men of Marionville series. For more information please visit my website at kckendricks.com .

LEATHER JACKETS 
Book six of the Men of Marionville series
Contemporary gay romance available now 


AmazoniTunesBarnes and NobleKobo and other online book sellers. 

KC Kendricks
Website: http://www.kckendricks.com

3 comments:

Christiane France - Author said...

That's one gorgeous sunset.

Stephanie said...

Interesting.

KC Kendricks said...

I have a mixed philosophy about most things.