Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Conversation Between Writers - Gimme a cookie and do it now!

April 19, 2015


I'm in a baking mood. Diet is by the wayside. Yesterday I made oodles of cookies. (Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chunk & Snickerdoodles) This morning at 4:30 am I started on Sugar cookies and Gingerbread Men. I'm also making Nutty Sweet Potato Biscuits and Pigs in a Blanket. Stocking up freezer. Maybe some ready-made nibbles will make me more incline to stay at the computer and write. 
~ Brenda Williamson

~~~~~

Cookies! I love cookies! But cookies are evil. All that butter. All that glorious brown sugar.

I DON'T CARE!! I baked two batches of sugar cookies last Sunday. One batch was plain but the other got some lemon zest and some finely chopped rosemary. (Very finely chopped, too.) Even Himself likes those. I want to make some oatmeal raisin but I want to soak the raisins in bourbon first. I know. I'm a lush. It's strange but two homemade cookies satisfies me better than six store bought cookies. Ergo, homemade is best.

No comments: