Friday, April 17, 2015

O is for Onyx (and Open Roads by KC Kendricks)

April 17, 2015
Day 15

The 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge
Many Sundry Things

O is for ONYX

*_*_*_*_*

From Google:

METAPHYSICAL ONYX STONE -Onyx stone meaning for inner strength.
It raises one’s resistance and persistence, enabling one to carry even unmanageable tasks to completion. On a mental level, it increases one’s power to keep focus, making it possible for one to use well all that one has mastered. It quickly enhances the retention of memory and promotes attention to detail. These traits make Onyx an instructive instrument for pupils, teachers, business owners, accountants, lawyers, software and computer technicians, and all those whose work calls for high levels of focus, dedication and discipline.

My father had an onyx signet ring. The onyx was square and the family monogram, an “H,” was affixed in gold in one corner with a small diamond set in the opposite corner. Dad wore it on his ring finger with his wedding band. As a girl I would often ask to see the ring having some sort of fascination with its dark depths. After Dad died the ring came to me.

I’ve often thought I’d like an onyx signet ring of my own. Given the metaphysical properties of the stone, it might be of benefit to the writer. Anything that can increase focus and discipline can only be a good thing. 

KC Kendricks

_*_*_*_

Once again this year I have to do a little book promo along the way. You won’t know about my books if I don’t tell you about them, right?

O is for Open Roads

Tyler Phillips enjoys his small town life. He’ll never get rich working the family business, but he knows there’s more to a man than the size of his bank account. Easing into mid-life, Tyler’s restless for something he can’t find in the little borough of Easton – male companionship.

Noel Springs got caught up in the economic downturn. His job gone, and retirement a lot of years in the future, Noel decides to take a long drive and see some of the country before dedicating himself to finding new employment. The open road is just what he needs right now. 

When his car overheats outside the little town of Easton, Noel discovers the local mechanic is hotter than his radiator, and just as eager to blow off some steam.

Open Roads is available at Amazon, iTunes, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and other online booksellers. 

2 comments:

S. L. Hennessy said...

I love the onyx stone. I've used it in my writing in the past.

Good luck with the A to Z Challenge!
A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/

KC Kendricks said...

I've always wanted an onyx signet ring but I've never seen one I really liked. I'd wear my father's ring but it falls off my middle finger so that won't work. Someday I'll be out and about and see the perfect one and snap it up.