Monday, April 6, 2015

E is for Every Day (2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge)

April 6, 2015
Day 5

The 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge
Many Sundry Things

E is for Every Day
* * * * * *

Sooooo today I have “E is for Every Day.” I’m not sure where that came from or where I should go with it. There’s the obvious platitude that one should live every day to the fullest and so on and so forth, but that doesn’t feel like a match to where the blog title came from. The prevailing writer’s wisdom of writing something every day feels like a better match, but not a perfect one.

Maybe, just maybe, I was thinking that every day brings me one step closer to that magical day when I become a full-time writer. I’ve reached the stage in my life where every move I make, every decision, is based on reaching that goal. The planning for it is exhaustive because I’ll be rather young to leave the work force and a paying job for a vocation that won’t make me rich, but that’s the plan every day.

I have daydreams about it every day.

Yeah, I think that’s my E post. Every day.

_*_*_*_

Once again this year I have to do a little book promo along the way. You won’t know about my books if I don’t tell you about them, right?

E is for Ellis Banks of Tango in the Night, which is an “author pick” from me.

Jubal Graham is back on the job after a shooter took the life of his long-time partner, and sent him into a coma followed by months of rehab. Determined to have justice, Jubal is focused on finding a killer, not a new romantic entanglement. Ellis Banks, with his smoldering blue eyes and denim-clad swagger is a distraction Jubal can’t afford – or ignore.

Ellis Banks came to Philadelphia to bust a drug operation; one that connects to the same case agency legend Kentuckian Jubal Graham is working. Ellis finds himself drawn to Jubal, but Jubal holds him off. Sure that Jubal is interested, even though he wears his slain lover’s ring, Ellis mounts a determined siege.

Jubal’s surprise at having a suitor develops into a growing affection for Ellis, one clouded with old fears. Fate ripped one lover from his arms, and now Ellis is in the line of fire. Jubal’s courage can protect Ellis, but is it powerful enough to love him?

Tango in the Night is available at the Amber Allure imprint of Amber Quill Press. It's also available as part of the Night Moves paperback. 

KC Kendricks
http://www.kckendricks.com 

2 comments:

~Sia McKye~ said...

A good goal to have. :-)

Sia McKye Over Coffee

Anonymous said...

There is always something we should do everyday.

Glad enjoyed your AtoZ post.