Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Y is for Years Passing

April 29, 2015
Day 25

The 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge
Many Sundry Things

Y is for Years Passing

*_*_*_*

As we reach Day 25 of the A to Z Blogging Challenge I can’t help but realize the reflective nature of some of my posts. It’s only natural as I’m a reflective person. Reflection is a constant in my life because I don’t want to get ahead of myself. 

I’ve a birthday coming up. It’s not one of the “milestone” birthdays, but it is significant. On my birthday last year I realized I was inside my five-year window for early retirement. The pension plan I’m in allows for pensions to begin at fifty-nine and a half. So mathematically you understand this birthday will put me into the four-year window of my target date.

For the first time in my life I’m aware of the years of my life passing. I see the changes in the people around me and realize those some of those same changes are happening to me.

I’m not saying I think the changes are a bad thing. They simply are. The years passing have brought me to this point. I’ve worked hard toward a goal, that of full time writer, and only the passing of years can bring that to fruition.

So what if I’ve got a few years under my belt? I can still dance naked in the moonlight on a summer’s night if I so choose. The years haven’t taken that from me. But what they’ve given me is the knowledge to put on mosquito repellant first.

I think it’s an equitable trade.

KC Kendricks
http://www.kckendricks.com

_*_*_*_

Once again this year I have to do a little book promo along the way. You won’t know about my books if I don’t tell you about them, right?


Kenzie Zahn is starting over as a single man. Left with few immediate options, he accepts a friend’s invitation to visit and house sit. It’s the perfect opportunity for Kenzie to put a little space between the past and present while figuring out the best path for his future. 

Mason Hall enjoys the carefree single life. He works hard, plays a little harder, and doesn’t think much about settling down. The right man will come along – or not – and he’s content to wait. A night out to enjoy a little dancing leads to a hook-up with Kenzie, the kind of man Mason has only ever fantasized about. Mason can’t let him get away.

Kenzie’s smitten. Mason is irresistible, but home is a thousand miles away and a long-distance romance isn’t workable. A strange twist of identity brings a linked past to light. Kenzie and Mason are brought to the realization that even when Fate arranges a man’s destiny, he still has to take a leap of faith, or lose out on love.


Your Whisper in the Dark is now available at AmazoniTunesBarnes and NobleKobo and other online book sellers.

Book four of the Men of Marionville series. 


 KC Kendricks

My home on the web- Between the Keys: 
Visit my bookshelf at: 

Social media links:
My country life at Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com
Life through the eyes of Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com

No comments: