Tuesday, April 21, 2015

R is for Retirement (2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge)

April 21, 2015
Day 18

The 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge
Many Sundry Things

R is for Retirement

_*_*_*_

I’m obsessed with retirement. Everything bit of forward planning I do is with retirement in mind.

The word “retirement” is actually a misnomer for many people including myself. I have no intention to “retire” and sit by the side of the road. The goal is a lifestyle change beginning the day I’m eligible to start drawing retirement funds. For me, being blessed with a traditional pension fund through my employer, that’s fifty-nine and a half. I fully intend to live my dream and become a full-time writer and Lady of the Manor. Until then, it’s one day at a time.

In May of 2014, my beloved took off for five days with his siblings while I stayed home to mind the wee beasties who reside with us. Our beloved old dog had health issues that prevented me from allowing him to stay with my parents. Those five days on my own were a slice of heaven on earth. I wrote over twelve thousand words in five days – plus walked, gardened, took care of the house, and visited my parents every day. Those days were a capsule of what I want my “retirement” to be.

May it be so.

KC Kendricks


_*_*_*_

Once again this year I have to do a little book promo along the way. You won’t know about my books if I don’t tell you about them, right?

R is for River Walk.

Detective Fallon Roxbury has a big problem. A twenty-year old cold case turned hot threatens to expose his secret - shapeshifters exist and they’re living in Montgomery Circle under his protection. Between a new witness and a group of fanatical alien watchers, Fallon’s scrambling to uphold the law and keep his promises intact. He already knows no power on earth can keep his shapeshifter lover from stepping into the mix.  

Sundown has come into his own with his human lover by his side. Fallon is his compass, and shield, as he seeks to keep his Clan united and teach them most humans can be trusted. A catalyst, Sundown is rare among his kind, a descendant of heroes. The status of his Clan rests on him and he’s determined to see his people prosper on this world owned by humans - without the humans knowing shapeshifters walk among them.

Secrets have a way of being exposed. Fallon’s not the only one who knows about Sundown’s kind. A cop used to right and wrong being black and white, Fallon struggles to learn shades of gray. Their relationship is tested as Fallon and Sundown race against the clock to find a kidnapped shapeshifter before the Clan takes matters into their own hands.  Because if they fail, Fallon knows his lover will be forced to stand with his people and act against him. 




No comments: