Monday, April 27, 2015

W is for Working

April 27, 2015
Day 23

The 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge
Many Sundry Things

W is for Working

_*_*_*_*_

Work is a four-letter word. I’ve been working for someone else since I was sixteen and while I find it’s not all that difficult to get out of bed and go to work, it’s not always fun. My idea of fun is writing full time. That day is coming but until then I work.

Working outside the home is a good thing on many levels. It gets me out of the house and that is something I’ll have to plan for once I become a full time writer. It keeps me in the middle of people, something else I’ll have to plan in the future. Working in general keeps the mind engaged and sharp whereas as being idle allows everything to atrophy.

I’m enjoying the idea of working for myself. Whether or not it’s actually as sweet as I imagine is yet to be proven. But for now I can envision myself working in the garden in the morning when it’s cooler and working on a story inside on hot afternoons. I'm sure I'll figure it out. 

What I can’t imagine is not working at all.

Strange, isn’t it?


KC Kendricks
http://www.kckendricks.com


_*_*_*_

Once again this year I have to do a little book promo along the way. You won’t know about my books if I don’t tell you about them, right?

Bonus blog bit: In a world that preaches tolerance, imagine my surprise at the backlash from people not accepting the choice of the character of Dylan to remain in the closet most of his life. To me this proved a lack of tolerance for individual choice from the very people espousing to those politics. What we really have is conform…or be cast out.




Bright and beautiful, Cassidy Barlow is one of Marionville’s new breed of movers and shakers. Outspoken on political and social issues, Cass draws a lot of media attention, and knows how to us it. Out and proud, Cass makes no apologies for who he is, or who he wants – and he wants Dylan Donaghy. The only thing is, from where Cass stands, Dylan seems to be involved with two different men.

Coming out. The most difficult phrase in Dylan Donaghy's vocabulary. Handsome, successful, wealthy, he’s made it this far in life with only his closest friends knowing he’s gay. Dylan has a good

reason for that to change – his deepening attraction to Cassidy Barlow. It doesn’t come easy, but Dylan takes a few first steps out of the closet. It’s his only choice if he wants to be with Cass, even though he knows Cass has some secrets of his own.

Every man has a private past, and an unwritten future. What he won’t confess stands between the two. 

What You Don’t Confess is available at online booksellers. 

No comments: