Friday, April 24, 2015

U is for Undeniable Magic

April 24, 2015
Day 21
**updated 4/14/21**

The 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge
Many Sundry Things

U is for Undeniable Magic

*_*_*_*_*

One of my earliest memories is of my mother reading to me. Those stories were Black Beauty, Misty of Chincoteague, and the Lad and Lassie dog stories. The image of her sitting on the edge of my bed reading is very vivid in my mind.

I don’t know how old I was when I suddenly made the connection between the printed words and the stories she told me. All I know for sure is the undeniable fact that, for me, books became magic and have remained so until this day. They will always be magic to me.

The Internet has put the world at our fingertips, but books brought the world to us first. It’s undeniable that Johannes Gutenberg changed the world with his movable type printing press. It’s undeniable the mass produced printed word was a catalyst for societal revolution.  It’s also undeniable that the digital book has created new paradigms.

Whether the book is printed on paper, read on a screen, or listened to via a set of earbuds, the undeniable magic of the story is there.

Undeniable magic. I like that.   



_*_*_*_

Once again this year I have to do a little book promo along the way. You won’t know about my books if I don’t tell you about them, right?

U is for …Undeniable 


With a summer storm threatening to ruin his Friday afternoon, Asa Burton packs his briefcase and bolts for home before the driving gets dangerous. On the interstate, stuck behind an accident, he regrets his decision until he sees Ford Weston standing along the side of the road talking to a police officer.

Ford Weston can’t believe his luck, bad and good. First his car gets clipped on the tail end of an accident, and than none other then Asa Burton pulls over and offers him a ride home. Coming face-to-face with the biggest regret of his life leaves Ford off-balance. He’d screwed up with Asa all those years ago. It was his fault the relationship ended.

Asa can’t believe he’s found Ford again, so why is he angry with himself? Could it be because Ford walked out on him without a word seventeen years ago and he did nothing to stop him? Asa’s sure of only one thing – Fate just handed him the opportunity to win Ford back – and get some answers. 

No comments: