Monday, April 20, 2015

Q is for Questing for the Perfect Name (2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge)

April 20, 2015
Day 17

The 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge
Many Sundry Things

Q is for Questing for the Perfect Name

_*_*_

Writers are on a never ending Quest for the perfect name. We might like Quentin, or Quinn, or even Quincy, but we may never use them. We’re looking for the name that resonates with the reader. 

Heck, yeah, it’s a crap shoot! 

Say I close my eyes, flip the phone book open, and put my finger on the name Michael. Now, how can I use Michael again? I can’t. So I do it again and land on Peter. Um…. Maybe not since I write GAY romance. Third time’s the charm, right? Nope. Landed on Tony and that give everyone an NCIS moment. This is hard!

Okay. I’ve settled on the name Tyler. I’ve written the story. And then I see twenty-four new releases and every one has a Tyler. And it’s too late to change it because the contract is signed. 

Yes, we writers are ALWAYS on a quest for the perfect name. 

KC Kendricks
http://www.kckendricks.com 


_*_*_*_

Once again this year I have to do a little book promo along the way. You won’t know about my books if I don’t tell you about them, right? 

Q is for …. I got nothing for Q. You get a promo free day. 

No comments: